1. Choose 1-2 students you wish to work with using the Form below.
2. Working with your partners learn through the following sources.
Rambam Hilchot Teshuva Chapter 5 Learn Halacha 1 and 2.
Rav Eliyahu Dessler on The Free Choice Point
The Rav on Elisha Ben Abuya/Acher
Victor Frankl on Choice & Dignity
For each source ask yourself:
- What does this source say about free will?
- Does this source seem to contradict what we learned from Yirmiyahu?
- Is there any way to reconcile this contradiction?
3. Create an oral presentation based on the sources, your prior knowledge, and your own creative ideas that seeks to reconcile Yirmiyahu with the problem of free will. This presentation should be no less than 4 minutes and no more than 5 minutes in length and can be either a "Flipped Classroom" screencast using Educreations or a video uploaded to YouTube. Share a link to your presentation together with a summary of your notes on this blog by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com.
Your project will be graded based on the following rubric:
Note: The only way your project will be graded is by sending the link and notes to the above email address. No exceptions!
This project needs to be submitted via email by Monday, September 30 before 9PM.